Laptops and Ultrabooks nowadays growing thinner and lighter day by day. Rather Ultrabooks are new to the market and became popular from last 2 to 3 years. You have a variety of different options to look for while purchasing one. The range totally varies according to your needs and configuration you will be looking for.
The following provides quick alternatives you can look for before you take one. My personal advice is that you should go for the lighter and thinner laptops or Ultrabooks.
1. First in my list is Chromebooks.. Affordable and portable.
• Samsung Chromebook and Acer C7 with 11.6 inches with 2GB RAM.
• Samsung- hardisk-16GB and price- $250.
• Acer C7-hardisk-320GB HDD and price- $200.
2. Mini laptops with less powerful CPU’s but great storage capacity.
• Sony Vaio E Series – price – $450 using AMD platform.
• Acer Aspire One 725 within $300 on AMD platform.
3. Samsung Mini Laptops series3.
• Cheapest one till date available in 12.5 inches and 14 inches
• 4GB RAM can extend 7+hours have i3 or i5 processor
• Price is $550 with shipping included.
4. This one is interesting Sleekbook an alternative to Ultrabook
• HP pavilion with 14 and 16 inches display.
• They have variety hardware options with touch screen or without.
• Price ranges from $350 to $700.
5. Business laptops — These models usually you won’t get but still good for business purpose.
• Lenovo ThinkpadX230 with more than 12 hours of backup.
• Sony Vaio Z is another in this category.
• Affordable and very good for business point of view.