How to Install Windows 8
Windows 8 is latest operating system. Windows 8 installaton removing the existing operating system. Windows 8 Professional DVD is bootable. For boot from the DVD you need to set BIOS SETUP. The steps for installation of Windows 8 is followed:
- Put Windows 8 DVD in your DVD-ROM drive and start your PC. Windows 8 will start booting process.
- In this step, select your language, time and currency format, keyboard or input method. Choose your required settings and click Next to continue
- This step allows you to install or repair Windows 8. Click on “Install now” then the setup process starts.
- At this step type your product key that came with your DVD copy of Windows 8. After entering the product key correctly click on Next.
- Read the license terms carefully and tick “I accept license terms”, then click Next.
- Create partitions in hard drive by clicking on New. Choose the size of the partition and click apply.
- Note – You have 3 partitions. Partition 1 is system reserved. Leave this partition alone. Partition 2 is primary partition that was created in the last step. The third partition is unallocated which means it is not being used.
- Select Primary Partition and click Next to continue.
- Now Windows is starting to copy files to your hard drive and begins the installation. This process takes a few minutes depending on your computer specification. After completing a copy of files, Windows 8 will automatically restart.
- You will go through various progress and information messages and Windows 8 might restart automatically second time.
- Select Personalize option and type your PC name and personalize the color.
- Customize your settings or choose default settings then click Next
- Sign in to your PC. You can login to your PC using a Microsoft email account such as your yahoo or hotmail account. If you do not have a Microsoft account you can create an account by clicking Sign up for a new email address and complete the form.
If you don’t want to create an email account and prefer to create a local user name, click Sign in without a Microsoft account.
- Click on Local Account. Here you can choose a local user name and password. Click on Finish to continue. Now Windows starts to finalize your settings.
- Finally the setup process is finished and you are presented with a completely new user interface. Now remove DVD from DVD-ROM and start using your computer.